Villa Vida Cafe opened on June 1, 2019 just as Europride Vienna kicked off. We were so excited to be able to open a queer community cafe during Euro Pride.
We had visitors from around the world that wanted to learn more about the projects in the Türkis Rosa Lila Villa.
Our series: Voices at the Villa offered various educational/info sessions led by experts in the Vienna queer community.
The program included:
- Own Your Sexual Health by Anne Stöckelmaier a sexual counseling training with OeGF (Österreichische Gesellschaft für Familienplanung)
- Queer Refugees by Cécile Balbous from QueerBase, an organization for LGBTIQ Refugees
- Queerness in Schools by Claudia Schneider from the Der Verein EfEU
(Association for the Development of Feminist Educational and Teaching Models)
- Queer History
by Hannes Sulzenbacher from the QWIEN Center for Queer History
- Ask a Polyamorous Person by Sky and Rhonda from the PolyaVienna Polyamorous Community in Vienna
- Safer Sex by Jules Gleeson
- Abortion Visibility by Franziska Kabisch
- Queer & Deaf by Barbara Reumüller from Queer as Deaf. Deaf lesbians, gays and transgender people in Austria